Certificate in the Competence of County Law
This course targets existing or aspiring practitioners at county government levels.
This course targets existing or aspiring practitioners at county government levels. The practitioners do not have to be lawyers. These are people for whom a good knowledge of county law will aid their work.
- Introduction to legal reasoning and research;
- Methods, techniques of reading national and county laws;
- County legal regimes (laws that apply to county operations);
- Introduction to county legislative drafting;
- Reading and drafting of county legal instruments;
- To equip learners with the necessary legal, administrative and political skills required in the practice of law at the county government;
- To equip learners with skills enabling them to efficiently carry out tasks within the context of devolution
- To equip learners on the professional standards of the legal industry
This competence-based curriculum will emphasize the critical skills required to succeed in the field of public law. Upon completing this course, our graduates will find it easier to secure employment in the county government, win consulting bids or expand the range of services offered in their law firms. The industry will benefit from better-qualified and trained professionals. Consumers will benefit from improved quality of service.